The Orthohealing Center is leading the way in utilizing cutting edge technology with ultrasound to enhance patient care. Our Doctors have lectured and trained numerous specialists worldwide. Professional sports including most European soccer clubs and now the NBA are taking advantage of it’s many benefits. Ultrasound is utilized to diagnose tendons, ligaments, soft tissue & visualize abnormal fluid. It provides a cost effective, immediate, hands on analysis of the musculoskeletal system. Additionally our doctors use ultrasound with every injection to ensure accurate, efficient, and often less painful procedures.
NBA (National Basketball Association) now utilizes musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnoses and treatment. Learn more.
For more info documenting the need for accurate injections incorporating ultrasound read here:
- New: Comparison of Ultrasound-Guided Intra-articular Injections by Long Axis in Plane Approach on Three Different Sites of the Knee.
- New: Across all studies in a literature review, needle placement accuracy ranged from 63% to 100% with ultrasound and from 39% to 100% with conventional anatomical guidance
- New: Clinical utility of ultrasound guidance for intra-articular knee injections: a review. (Abstract)
- The diagnostic accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasonography in gluteal tendon tears – a systematic review. (Abstract)
- Musculoskeletal References (PDF)
- Game Changer: Ultrasound-guided needle procedures offer accurate, cost-effective, and often less painful treatment of musculoskeletal disorders (PDF)
- Accuracy of Ultrasound-Guided Versus Fluoroscopically Guided Contrast-Controlled Piriformis Injections (PDF)
- Ultrasound can improve the accuracy of intra-articular injections and aspirations (PDF)
- Ultrasound improves effectiveness of knee injections (PDF)
- Ultrasound in the Daily Management of Sports Injuries by Dr. Patrick Goh (PDF)
- Improved accuracy & success of injections utilizing guidance versus blind injections:
- Accuracy of blind versus ultrasound-guided suprapatellar bursal injection (Abstract)
- Ultrasound-Guided Trigger Point Injections in the Cervicothoracic Musculature: A New and Unreported Technique (PDF)
- Detecting Local Twitch Responses of Myofascial Trigger Points in the Lower Back Muscles Using Ultrasonography (PDF)
- Accuracy of Ultrasound-Guided and Palpation-Guided Knee Injections By an Experienced and Less-Experienced Injector Using a Superolateral Approach: A Cadaveric Study (Abstract)
- The Accuracy of Ultrasound-Guided and Palpation-Guided Peroneal Tendon Sheath Injections (Abstract)
- Improving Injection Accuracy of the Elbow, Knee, and Shoulder: Does Injection Site and Imaging Make a Difference? A Systematic Review (PDF)
- Accuracy of Needle Placement into the Intra-Articular Space of the Knee (PDF)